Solutions Engineer – Cyber Security Job Opportunity
Cyber Security Solutions Engineer will assist the Sales and Channel team in reaching revenue goals by providing high-quality technical assistance and presentations highlighting the company’s portfolio’s strengths.
Strong understanding of the sales cycle; able to communicate to customers and channel partners at both the business-level (CIO’s, CFO’s, etc.) as well as, the technical level (Network Administrators, IT Managers, etc).
- Translate the company’s technical benefits into business terms (ROI, TCO, etc.)
- Design and conduct technical product demonstrations to potential customers
- ROI analysis comparing existing solutions, competitive offerings, etc.
- Architect, implement, and support Proof of Concept installations
- Provide product training to customers and partners
- Ideal candidate would need to have transportation
The company’s enterprise products require a strong understanding of server administration, network topology, and technical analysis. The Cyber Security Solutions Engineer must have demonstrated experience working with customers on a pre-sale level to understand requirements and pain points in order to clearly articulate a proposed solution to address the stated needs.
- Experience with solution selling is a plus as this position requires looking at business and technical challenges at a holistic level and then formulating robust solutions to close the sale.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of the selling cycle for companies’ solutions
- Gathering relevant data and understanding customer requirements to effectively recommend company-based solutions
- Coordinate development of pre-sales activities, such as product demonstrations (online and in-person) and webinars
- Design and implement prototypes and proof-of-concepts for enterprise-level opportunities
- Perform pre-sales problem analysis/resolution for the company based software. The software relies heavily on Microsoft Windows Server, Terminal Servers, and IIS.
- Perform level two technical support for company products. Must be familiar with tools such as telnet, netstat, Wireshark, etc., to troubleshoot network related issues.
- Contribute to technical documentation to be used by tech support personnel
- Special projects, tasks, and duties as assigned by management
- Experience in end-customer and channel-partner facing roles – this position requires significant interaction with different levels of business and technical people
- Strong business sense (ability to tell the customer what they need based on provided requirements, not just answer their questions)
- Must be very detail oriented in correspondence, problem analysis, and issue escalation
- Strong understanding of network design and sizing concepts
- Effective presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience responding to RFP’s and writing Statements of Work
- At least two (2) years of administration or support experience applying technical (cyber) security measures in IT organizations.
- Experience as a Sales Engineer for a software company
- Windows and Linux Experience
- Ability to travel 50%
- At least four years of hands-on experience working in applying technical (cyber) security measures in IT organizations. Preferably in a pre-sales, field engineering, or consulting role.
- Knowledge of Citrix or Windows Terminal Server installation, configuration, and administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience with Juniper or Cisco SSL VPN Administration
- Experience in security and firewalls
- Knowledge or experience with Linux and Mac operating system
Michelle writes about cyber security as well as how to protect your data online. She has worked in internet technology for over 20 years Michelle earned a B.S. in Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. She conducts workshops focused on web technologies and enjoys public speaking along with her connected rescue mutt.