Saved Credit Cards on Android – Remove a Payment Method or Credit Card
Mobile devices can save credit card and other payment information to make mobile shopping easier and more efficient. Shoppers can also use wallets like Apple Pay or Google Pay on Android to skip entering credit card or payment methods entirely if a website or app supports mobile payments. Credit cards from participating banks and PayPal can be used for in-app purchases from Google Play and stored as payment methods in Google Pay. If a store accepts mobile payments, these payment methods can also be used for in-store purchases using an Android device.
If you need to add edit or remove a payment method, you can manage these from an Android device or from Chrome web browser. Google saved payment methods can also be managed from another web browser that is logged into your Google account. If a device is synced and logged into the same Google account, payment methods will be added and available on all devices.
Add, Remove, or Edit Payment Methods – Android Device
How to View Payment Card Details from Android
- To Edit a Payment Method or Credit Card open the Google Play Store app on an Android phone or tablet
- Tap Menu the hamburger menu in the upper right corner
- Select Payment methods
Android and Chrome users can see all their payment methods including credit cards and PayPal on this screen. These are used in Google Play for app purchases, for in-store purchases, and stored as payment methods in Google Pay.
How to Remove Payment Card Details Google Pay – Android
Remove a Payment Method or Credit Card
- Open the Google Play Store app on an Android phone or tablet
- Tap the hamburger menu in the upper right corner
- Select Payment methods
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap More payment settings
- You will be taken to pay.google.com sign-in if required
- Under the payment method you want to remove, tap Remove
How to Delete a Payment Method – Web Browser
- In a web browser like Chrome or Firefox, log into your Google account
- Go to https://pay.google.com/payments/home
- Select Payment methods on the right column navigation
- On the Payment methods page add or remove any payment method
Note: If a Google payment method is connected to a subscription, you will have to choose another form of payment
Is it Safe to Store Payment Methods In Your Web Browser?
A web browser can store credit card numbers and other payment methods and fill them in whenever you want while shopping online. This is not the most secure method of storing payment methods or card details if you share your computer or don’t secure your device with biometric or other login credentials. Anyone who shares the computer or device can access saved payment methods or shop online if your Google account is logged in.
Web browsers use autofill to enter your name, address, contact information to make online shopping easier. They can also be used to save credit card details and auto fill those in as well.
How to Store Payment Methods in Google Chrome
- On an Android Device
- Open Chrome Web Browser
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner to open a menu
- Tap Settings
- Tap Payment methods
- Slide Save and fill payment methods to on
- This is also the place to edit payment methods. Now when you pay online, users can simply select a credit card
Store Credit Card Information in a Password Manager App
If you use a third-party password manager, you can allow the app to manage payment methods and passwords securely on desktop and mobile devices. Your billing and shipping addresses can also be filled in and saved as well.
Michelle writes about cyber security as well as how to protect data online. She has worked in internet technology for over 20 years Michelle earned a B.S. in Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Michelle published a guide to Cyber Security for Business Travelers