Principal Information Security Analyst – Cyber Security Third Party Governance
Multiple Locations: Somerset, New Jersey; Florham Park, New Jersey; Jersey City, New Jersey; New York, New York
Categories: Information Technology
BNYM is seeking a highly motivated professional to join its Cyber Security Third Party Governance (TPG) team. The successful candidate will work in a technically diverse and dynamic environment and lead a team of Cyber Security professionals responsible for the assessment, analysis and governance of cyber security for third party vendors. The successful candidate will lead the design and integration of cyber security controls and processes into the BNYM’s third-party governance.
The individual works closely with the TPG Cyber Security Leader, Senior Information Risk Officers (SIRO), procurement, third party governance, technology risk management, application managers, business teams and vendors on TPG strategies to mitigate identified risks and to improve governance. This requires both good oral and written communications skills and the ability to negotiate. Lead teams of cyber analysts on significant vendor reviews. Must be able to keep sensitive information confidential and know how to use appropriately.
Key Roles & Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to
- Lead and contribute to assessments of the cyber security risk of third party vendors with an appropriate level of detail
- Travel to vendor locations for on-site assessments
- Interface with senior executives, legal, technology risk management, business teams, application management, and third-party program management on cyber security issues
- Identify controls to address gaps in third party vendor relationships
- Lead the design and implementation of TPG Cyber Security related governance and tools
- Act as a liaison between Cyber Security teams and third-party governance processes
- Define and create relevant metrics and reports
- Review the cyber related attestations by third parties such as SOC1, SOC2, ISO 27001 and report any observations for further review and tracking
- Support the creation and update of third-party related policies.
- Review vendor risk reports created by internal and external entities for impacts to cyber security
- Provide SME support to business and technology teams which have third party issues in-scope
- Keep up-to-date on the latest trends, methodologies and tools related to third party
- Interface with industry coalitions working on third party cybersecurity issues
Consults on a senior level and provides professional support for major components of the company’s information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse system environments. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes highly complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations. Defines, implements, and applies area-wide security and/or COB policies and standards by leveraging in-depth knowledge of globally accepted information security and/or COB principles. Addresses high risk security concerns or incidents. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in cyber security and policy related activities
- Experienced leader in cyber and can act as trusted advisor to senior leaders
- Management experience in performing control-level technical cyber risk assessments
- Skills to motivate and drive adoption of new processes and requirements
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience in third party governance is strongly desired but not required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Solid understanding of geographically diverse regulatory requirements and concerns. Familiarity with various global regulations and industry standards concerning information and cyber security
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Michelle writes about cyber security as well as how to protect your data online. She has worked in internet technology for over 20 years Michelle earned a B.S. in Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. She published a guide to Cyber Security for Business Travelers