Information Security Analyst- Apply now!
WCG, a W2O Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Information Security Analyst will be responsible for supporting day-to-day activities under the Chief Information Security Officer. The daily activities will include, not limited to, ensuring the operational effectiveness and technical security protection are meeting or exceed expectations. The analyst will be working in multiple capacities within the Information Security team, helping to ensure the effective protection and compliance with the WCG Information Security Program. The position requires a person with the ability to work independently and able to provide the team with timely updates and collaborate with other departments. The analyst must have an interest and enthusiasm to hunt and problem solve.
- Bachelor s Degree preferably in information technology, engineering or math. CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSE/REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Certifications are a plus: CISSP, ISSEP, CCSK, ECSA, GCIH. QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years of information security experience within an IT Operations capacity or Security Operations Center. Understanding of the latest security tools (i.e., malware prevention, vulnerability scanners or firewalls)
- Preferably 3 to 4 years of experience in other areas of IT and the ability to demonstrate knowledge in that technology spaces (i.e., coding, operating systems or networks).
- A plus if having experience in cloud solution such as AWS, Azure, and Office365. ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Provide level three support for security events detected by the SOC, ensuring actionable remediation and preventative measures are executed.
- Provide operational support for cybersecurity threats from security assessment, including, vulnerabilities management and application risks. Resolving issue across departments and assisting in the analysis to the effectiveness of the security control.
- Ensure IT Security controls are continuously in place, perform hunting activities and resolve security threats.
- Provide support for penetration testing and vulnerability management activities, ensuring complete remediation and improvements in the cybersecurity operations.
- Oversee application security assessments and vulnerability testing, supporting risk analysis to ensure proper security hygiene.
- Ability to respond to critical issues, as needed on a 24/7 basis, and support to the Information Security team.
- Capable of performing work in a capacity to make improvements, influence change and making a difference.
- Must have the interest and ability to learn new skills, and grow into the position; being a positive influencer as a security practitioner.
- Capable of providing support when handling and investigating of a cybersecurity incident.
- Participate in the evaluation of new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities.
- Must be able to support security awareness content and the messaging from the CISO.
- Must have the ability to write operating instructions and develop documentation when necessary.
- Not afraid of having the spotlight and provide insights in meetings and presentations.
- On occasion may require evening and weekend work, based on business need.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the position. WCG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Michelle writes about cyber security as well as how to protect data online. She has worked in internet technology for over 20 years Michelle earned a B.S. in Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Michelle published a guide to Cyber Security for Business Travelers