Cybersecurity Analyst – Cleveland Clinic
- Req #: 67503
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Department: ITD Information Security
- Jobcode: T98514
- Schedule: Full time
- Shift: 04:00 pm-12:00 am
Performs all necessary duties to ensure the safety of digital assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access. Provides input to solutions to identified needs, meeting operational and business objectives, technology capabilities. May perform monitoring, analytics, incident response or account security. Collaborates with Cybersecurity peers on projects and assist with the direction of the Cybersecurity program.
- Participates in Cybersecurity projects, including planning, obtaining customer input and projecting resource requirements.
- Reviews cyber security system requirements with customers and translates requirements into specific functions or deliverables.
- Analyzes flow chart processes and recommends ways to reduce steps and increase efficiency through use of technology.
- Responds immediately to security incidents.
- Responsible for being aware of and understanding security policies and procedures.
- Oversees and monitor routine security administration.
- Define access privileges, control structures and resources.
- Epic Security Analysts provide 24/7 coverage for Epic Security and must be knowledgeable of all aspects of Epic security (Design, build, user roles, classes, security points, sub-templates, templates, and provisioning).
- Provides after-hours support and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or related field preferred.
- A High School diploma/GED required.
- Certifications from SysAdmin, Audit, Network and Security Institute (SANS), International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2) or Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) or other position related certifications preferred.
- For Information Technology Division caregivers, ITIL Foundations certification is required within 6 months of position start date.
Complexity of Work:
- Strong analytical, administrative, presentation, and project management skills are required.
- Must have strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Basic understanding of domain structures, user authentication mechanisms and fundamental cryptography.
- Basic knowledge of network topology and the underlying OSI model.
- Understands principles of client/server configuration.
- Excellent knowledge of security technology and strong analytical skills.
- High School Diploma/GED: A minimum of 3 years Information, Cyber Security, Clinical, or Financial Systems experience, including directing, planning and scheduling a major information system project.
- Bachelor’s Degree: A minimum of 1 year Information, Cyber Security, Clinical, or Financial Systems experience, including directing, planning and scheduling a major information system project.
- Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer.
- Requires the ability to walk to various locations throughout the organization and to function in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Provision Epic and other application accounts
Michelle writes about cyber security as well as how to protect data online. She has worked in internet technology for over 20 years Michelle earned a B.S. in Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Michelle published a guide to Cyber Security for Business Travelers